Democrats Will Unite - Obama & Clinton

Both Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton have declared that Democrats will unite behind whichever of them secures the nomination. Both candidates have spoken about the issue after concerns have been raised in recent weeks about the divisive nature of their campaigns.

Asked in North Carolina what she would say to Democrats who were thinking of voting for McCain, Clinton said that "It is not a wise decision for yourself or your country.I intend to do everything I can to make sure we have a unified Democratic party. When this contest is over and we have a nominee, we're going to close ranks, we're going to be united."

Obama also made a similar point. "I don't think we are hurt, long term. I think short term, there is going to be work to do for the nominee to bring the party back together again" he said.

"I think what's going to happen is that there are going to be some bruised feelings, whoever the nominee is. We are going to have to come together and remind ourselves that there is a heck of a lot bigger difference between either Senator Clinton or myself, and John McCain."