Ferraro Removed from Clinton Campaign

Geraldine Ferraro has been removed from the Hillary Clinton campaign after her divisive remarks about Barack Obama.

Having yesterday distanced themselves from Ferraro, and suggested that she only played a fringe role in the campaign, the Clinton team would have demanded action by Ferraro.

But in her own words, Ferraro admits to being a member of Hillary's finance committee.

Her "resignation" letter to Clinton reads:

"Dear Hillary, I am stepping down from your finance committee so I can speak for myself and you can continue to speak for yourself about what's at stake in this campaign. The Obama campaign is attacking me to hurt you. I won't let that happen. Thank you for everything you've done and continue to do to make this a better world for my children and grandchildren. You have my deep admiration and respect, Gerry."

This is a first step for Clinton - but she is yet to totally dismiss Ferraro's statements. And it took more than 5 days since the statement was made for any action to be taken. The inaction leaves Clinton open for an attack on her possible dog whistle strategy.